Spring International Language Center (SILC) has been providing excellent language learning experiences for over twenty-five years. We believe that language learning contributes to greater understanding among peoples of diverse cultural backgrounds and to peace.
The University of Arkansas Main Campus in Fayetteville
The University of Arkansas (UAF) is a beautiful campus located in the delightful town of Fayetteville in Northwest Arkansas. The University has a student population of 27,000 from throughout the United States and over 1,500 international students from more than 100 foreign countries. The campus is surrounded by the great natural beauty of the Ozark Mountains offering wonderful places for outdoor sporting and hiking. International students find the friendly and safe environment of Fayetteville a wonderful place to live and study.
Spring International Language Center
Spring International Language Center is a professional academic organization which provides intensive English and cross-cultural education to international students and professionals. As an institution, we strive for excellence in an environment which treats both teachers and students with respect. We attempt to understand and appreciate our students’ cultural differences and to enhance their ability to function effectively in a new culture with a new language. We believe in encouraging the language acquisition and personal progress of students in an atmosphere of support, openness, and understanding.
All classes and academic activities will be conducted by qualified and experienced instructors with master’s degrees in TESOL, linguistics, or related fields. Supplemental lectures or meetings will be provided by University of Arkansas faculty in various academic fields of study. Special sessions and workshops will be designed by faculty members to address the specific needs of the program participants.
The Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program for Iraq will help you:
- Develop teaching and pedagogy skills
- Develop faculty leadership skills
- Improve your knowledge of the academic research process and increase your skills in academic writing in English.
- Build a network of Iraqi and U.S. connections in your discipline.
- Familiarize yourself with the various types of institutions in the U.S. higher education system.
- Share Iraqi culture with Americans while experiencing American culture first-hand.
The Program activities will include:
- English training
- Customized academic sessions
- Cultural Activities
- Teacher Leadership
- Faculty mentors
- Hospitality Day with an American family
- Site visits to several types of U.S. institutions